How to get Involved or donate?
You can support us in many ways.. It doesn’t just have to be about donating money. Some examples of how you could get involved:
- One friend of the charity is busy knitting hedgehogs for a minimum donation of £4. To date she has raised over £100.
- Another friend of the charity has recently held a coffee morning and raised just over £100.
- You could organize a clothing and textile weigh in within your local community..the last one raised almost £250
- A group of teenagers are doing a 20 mile walk for sponsorship in July
- Hold a ceilidh or dance – Book a hall, get raffle prizes donated and you could raise £300
- So the typical ways and donating your time, resulting in money works well for our supporters.
- We are always looking for equipment and tools that will enhance livelihood opportunities, such as gardening tools, computers, DIY equipment etc… a piece of equipment such as a hose pipe will give somebody a trade.
- If it is a donation you wish to give, then you or a company could sponsor a child or set up a regular donation towards the work we do.
- Lastly, on a yearly basis we volunteer for two weeks- usually in November/ December. If this is of interest to you then please contact us.
However you want to support us, spreading the word is just as valuable and thank you for taking the time to read our website…Slowly Slowly as they would say in Gambia!